- Don Jozwiak of VisitDetroit.com wrote about the Frozen Four coming to Detroit’s Ford Field. Red Berenson had the following to say:
“The Frozen Four is a lot like basketball’s Final Four. The off-ice stuff is just as much a part of it as the games themselves. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for the players and for a lot of the fans. I know Detroit’s going to do a great job as the host, and I have a feeling it’s going to be a magical weekend for the game. You can’t beat Detroit as a sports town, especially when it comes to hockey.”
- Former Wolverine Carson Butler has signed on to play with the New York Giants in 2010. Here’s to hoping he can stick with a NFL squad next season.
- Baseball Head Coach Rich Maloney announced that the team’s sixth annual “Meet The Wolverines Night” will be February 10 @ Junge Family Champions Center (betw. Crisler & Michigan Stadium).
- AnnArbor.com has reported that Boubacar Cissoko was arrested in Ypsilanti for possession of marijuana last Friday after and later admitted intent to sell it.
- LostLettermen.com has a special on the Big Ten’s B-ball coaches before they were coaches including a piece on John Beilein leading his high school team to a then-record 23 wins.
- Greg from MVictors.com has Part One of his interview up of his interview with Scout’s (WTKA Personality) Sam Webb.
- New Michigan AD David Brandon compared Michigan to Pizza in an interview with ESPN The Magazine:
“We’re talking about a business as well as a school. Of course, I need to be mindful of the most popular offering. At Michigan, football is the classic-crust pepperoni pizza. So I understand the need for a successful football team. But I want to be sure I represent all the sports. We’re not just making pepperoni. We’re going to make a variety of pizzas, and ensure each one is baked just right.”