The first list had 20 kids. I’m thinking that we end up with somewhere around 22, but to make it easier for me I’m making it 24.
1. QB – Tyler O’Connor. Still no offer. UM is probably waiting on Gunner Kiel’s decision before they offer another QB.
2. RB – Alden Hill. Unless OSU goes down pretty hard we aren’t going to get Dunn, so Hill might be our best option eventually.
3. WR – Aaron Burbridge. Michigan has pulled even with Sparty, possibly even nosing ahead. He has some work to do to qualify, but he will probably end up in this class.
4. WR – Malik Gilmore. Has stated many times he’d like to visit.
5. TE – Devin Funchess. Michigan commit!
6. TE – A.J. Williams. Michigan commit!
7. OL – Ben Braden. Michigan commit!
8. OL – Caleb Stacey. Michigan commit!
9. OL – Jordan Diamond. Has liked Michigan for a long time and close friend Chris Bryant was in the 2011 class. He could decide this summer.
10. OL – Jordan Simmons. Still holding on to my dream.
11. OL – Erik Magnuson. Still has Michigan in his top group and is visiting in a few weeks.
12. DE – Pharaoh Brown. Michigan commit!
13. DE – Matt Godin. Michigan commit!
14. DE/LB – Mario Ojemudia. Michigan commit!
15. DE – Chris Wormley. Recently named Michigan his leader.
16. DT – Jaleel Johnson. Takes Sheldon Day’s spot.
17. DT – Ondre Pipkins. Staring to blow up after a big weekend in Columbus.
18. LB – Joe Bolden. Michigan commit!
19. LB – Royce Jenkins-Stone. Michigan commit!
20. LB – Kaleb Ringer. Michigan commit!
21. LB – James Ross. Michigan commit!
22. CB – Terry Richardson. Michigan commit!
23. CB – Wayne Morgan. Will Michigan be the choice next week??
24. S – Allen Gant. Summer decision. Dad played at UM.
So there are 24 kids. It will be interesting to see how these spots all fill out. It is possible that the staff decides against taking a QB this class, but they have said that they want one each year. Of course with Shane Morris in the fold for 2013, the need for a “super” quarterback is not a necessity for a while. Alden Hill is my best guess as far as running backs go. We should watch for what Keith Marshall and especially Bri’onte Dunn decide to do as well. Tight end Ron Thompson is now off of my list. I just don’t see room any more unless a few spots open later on. I feel pretty confident in my offensive line picks. Simmons is a reach at this point, but a visit could do wonders. Defensive line recruiting becomes very interesting as well. So far we have Brown, Godin and Ojemudia at the end position (Godin can be moved inside as well) with Michigan looking strong for Chris Wormley and Tom Strobel. Michigan is also getting a summer visit from Jordan Jenkins this summer as well. Defensive tackle also is interesting. None are in the fold as of today, but the Wolverines are looking strong for Ondre Pipkins, Jaleel Johnson and Sheldon Day. We also are in the running for Danny O’Brien and Jarron Jones as well. Defensive backs are a little easer to figure out. With Terry Richardson in the fold and Wayne Morgan possibly dropping next week the Wolverines are in great position.
In my years following Michigan recruiting I have never seen such of an intense effort. Hoke and crew are doing one hell of a job!
Brian Blackburn (QB), Bri’onte Dunn (RB), Keith Marshall (RB), Dwayne Stanford (WR), Amara Darboh (WR), Monty Madaris (WR), Andrus Peat (OT), Zach Banner (OT), Paul Thurston (OT), Shane Callahan (OT), Aziz Shittu (DT), Danny O’Brien (DT), Sheldon Day (DT), Tom Strobel (DE), Jarontay Jones (DE), Armani Reeves (CB), Anthony Standifer (CB/S) and Jerrod Wilson (S).