Note: As usual we include Notre Dame in B1G Rankings as they recruit same area and are a common opponent.
Biggest Get – Jalin Marshall (ATH-WR). Marshall is a special, explosive athlete who will thrive in Urban Meyer’s offense.
Biggest Miss – James Quick (WR). Quick is one of the most explosive receivers in the country and ended up choosing the hometown Louisville Cardinals over the Bucks.
Sleeper – Jayme Thompson (S). It’s hard to call a borderline 4 star kid a sleeper, but in a class full of highly rated DB’s Thompson is exactly that. While a bit raw, his athleticism makes his ceiling very high.
Biggest Get – Shane Morris (QB). Any time you can get a five star talent at quarterback you are doing very well. Morris has the biggest arm in the country and was an exceptional recruiter for Michigan.
Biggest Miss – Laquon Treadwell (WR). During the summer it seemed as if Treadwell was a near certainty to commit to Michigan, but in the end he chose to go elsewhere. Treadwell would’ve filled a pretty big need.
Sleeper – Channing Stribling (CB). A virtual unknown, Stribling came to Michigan’s camp this summer and completely shut down the competition over a five day period and earned an offer.
3. Notre Dame
Continue reading “Final 2013 B1G Recruiting Rankings”
Added 4 star linebacker Ben Gedeon (Hudson, OH) on 4/10. Quote from The Detroit News: "Michigan just has what I’m looking for,” Gedeon told the Cleveland Plain Dealer. "It has what I need to support me academically, I relate well with the coaches, it’s a great football program with players who really like the coaches and enjoy the program.”
Had a huge April, adding 8 prospects. 4 star prospects Joey Bosa (DE-FL-5 stars on some sites), Ezekiel Elliott (RB-MO), Marcus Baugh (TE-CA), J.T. Barnett (DTQB-TX), Alex Anzalone (LB-PA) and three stars Jayme Thompson (S-OH) and Tracy Sprinkle (DT-OH). Lewis Neal (LB-NC) had also verballed, but recently opened things back up after an intriguing offer from LSU.
Continue reading “2013 Big Ten Recruiting Rankings (5/1/2012)”
From the Recruiting Forum, Moderator EFWolverine makes some early predictions on where 24/7’s 2013 recruit list will wind up:
1. 5* LB Jaylon Smith, Fort Wayne (IN) Bishop Luers – Ohio State
2. 5* ATH Jalin Marshall, Middletown (OH) – Ohio State
3. 4* OT Steve Elmer, Midland (MI) – Notre Dame
4. 4* QB Shane Morris, Warren (MI) De La Salle – Michigan
5. 4* OT Ethan Pocic, Lemont (IL) Lemont Township – Notre Dame/Michigan/Ohio State, maybe Wisconsin
6. 4* WR Robert Foster, Monaca (PA) Central Valley – Ohio State
7. 4* RB Ty Isaac, Joliet (IL) Joliet Catholic – Michigan/Notre Dame
8. 4* CB Cam Burrows, Trotwood (OH) Trotwood-Madison – Ohio State
9. 4* TE Adam Breneman, Camp Hill (PA) Cedar Cliff – Penn State
10. 4* S Dymonte Thomas, Alliance (OH) Marlington – Michigan
11. 4* OT Logan Tuley-Tillman, Peoria (IL) Manual – Michigan
12. 4* QB Malik Zaire, Dayton (OH) Alter – Ohio State
Continue reading “The Midwest, 2013”