1. Michigan – No other program has a better combo of quantity and quality. Class is heavy on the lines, something that’s probably going to be the norm for future Michigan classes.
2. Alabama – Numbers are the only thing keeping Alabama from the #1 class. Being the defending national champion has its share of benefits headlined by a top 5 overall player in OLB Reuben Foster.
3. Florida – Like Michigan, Florida grabbed most of their current commits in a single weekend. Will Muschamp has carpet bombed the state of Florida, all 10 of commits are instate players.
4. Texas A&M – Kevin Sumlin has quietly put together a top 5 class at this early stage. Normally Texas is off to the hottest start in the country but A&M picked up 7 players in a single weekend last week and has a total of 13 commits.
5. Georgia – Smallest class in the top 5 but has no shortage of talent. 3 out of UGA’s 5 commits joined the class prior to September 2011. The recent addition of Shaq Wiggins has only bolstered the overall class.